Giorgos Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name George:
Derived from the Greek geōrgos (earthworker, farmer), which is composed from the elements gē (earth) and ergein (to work).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Giorgos? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Giorgos
Contribute your knowledge to the name Giorgos
- Comments and insights on the name Giorgos
Also spelled Yiorgos.
- Personal experiences with the name Giorgos
- Nicknames for Giorgos
- Meanings and history of the name Giorgos
Modern Greek form of George. It is estimated that 16% of male Greeks bear the name Giorgos, making it the most common Greek male name.
- Famous real-life people named Giorgos
Giorgos Seferis, Greek poet and diplomat. Winner of the 1963 Nobel prize for Literature.
Giorgos Alkaios, Greek pop musician.
- Giorgos in song, story & screen