Glyn Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Glyn:
Derived from the Gaelic gleann (mountain valley, a narrow, secluded valley). It is unclear whether the surname or the given name came first. Var: Glen, Glenn, Glynn.
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Glyn? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Glyn
Contribute your knowledge to the name Glyn
- Comments and insights on the name Glyn
- Personal experiences with the name Glyn
My father and grandfather's name is Glyn Joseph. I love my dad so much.
- Nicknames for Glyn
- Meanings and history of the name Glyn
- Famous real-life people named Glyn
- Glyn in song, story & screen