Glynn Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Glen:
Derived from the Gaelic gleann (mountain valley, a narrow, secluded valley). It is unclear whether the surname or the given name came first. Var: Glenn, Glyn, Glynn.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Glynn? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Glynn
Contribute your knowledge to the name Glynn
- Comments and insights on the name Glynn
Also spelled Glyn or anglicized to Glen.
- Personal experiences with the name Glynn
- Nicknames for Glynn
- Meanings and history of the name Glynn
A Welsh and Cornish surname used for someone who lived in a valley.
- Famous real-life people named Glynn
- Glynn in song, story & screen