Gorden Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Gordon:
Transferred use of the Scottish surname believed to have originated from the place-name Gordon in Berwickshire. The place-name is of uncertain etymology. The use of Gordon as a surname dates to the 19th century, when it was bestowed in honor of the popular British general Charles Gordon (1833 - 85), called Chinese Gordon from his service in China, Egypt, and Sudan.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Gorden? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Gorden
Contribute your knowledge to the name Gorden
- Comments and insights on the name Gorden
variant spelling of Gordon
- Personal experiences with the name Gorden
- Nicknames for Gorden
- Meanings and history of the name Gorden
- Famous real-life people named Gorden
- Gorden in song, story & screen