Granton Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Grant:
Transferred use of the English surname derived from the Anglo-French graund, graunt (great) and the Old French grand, grant (great). The name originated as a nickname for a large or tall person.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Granton? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Granton
Contribute your knowledge to the name Granton
- Comments and insights on the name Granton
Alternative to Grant. Giving it more of a full name feel with Grant as a nickname.
Granton is a district in the north of Edinburgh, Scotland.
- Personal experiences with the name Granton
My nephew's name is Granton.
- Nicknames for Granton
- Meanings and history of the name Granton
- Famous real-life people named Granton
- Granton in song, story & screen