Gregor Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Gregor:
From the Late Latin Gregorius, a cognate of the Greek Grēgorios (vigilant, a watchman), which is derived from the verb egeirein (to awaken).
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Gregor? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Gregor
Contribute your knowledge to the name Gregor
- Comments and insights on the name Gregor
- Personal experiences with the name Gregor
- Nicknames for Gregor
- Meanings and history of the name Gregor
- Famous real-life people named Gregor
- Gregor in song, story & screen
Gregor Clegane nicknamed The Mountain is a character in George R.R. Martin's Game of Thrones series.