Grigor Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Gregory:
From the Late Latin Gregorius, a cognate of the Greek Grēgorios (vigilant, a watchman), which is derived from the verb egeirein (to awaken).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Grigor? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Grigor
Contribute your knowledge to the name Grigor
- Comments and insights on the name Grigor
form of Gregory used in Armenian, Bulgarian, Macedonian, and Welsh
- Personal experiences with the name Grigor
- Nicknames for Grigor
- Meanings and history of the name Grigor
- Famous real-life people named Grigor
- Grigor in song, story & screen