Grigorios Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Gregory:
From the Late Latin Gregorius, a cognate of the Greek Grēgorios (vigilant, a watchman), which is derived from the verb egeirein (to awaken).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Name Lists Featuring Grigorios
Contribute your knowledge to the name Grigorios
- Comments and insights on the name Grigorios
Greek form of Gregory
- Personal experiences with the name Grigorios
- Nicknames for Grigorios
- Meanings and history of the name Grigorios
- Famous real-life people named Grigorios
- Grigorios in song, story & screen