Grigoris Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Gregory:
From the Late Latin Gregorius, a cognate of the Greek Grēgorios (vigilant, a watchman), which is derived from the verb egeirein (to awaken).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Name Lists Featuring Grigoris
Contribute your knowledge to the name Grigoris
- Comments and insights on the name Grigoris
- Personal experiences with the name Grigoris
- Nicknames for Grigoris
- Meanings and history of the name Grigoris
Deriving from the Greek word grigoros, meaning "fast and alert or watchful." Grigoris is the Greek equivalent of the name Gregory.
- Famous real-life people named Grigoris
Grigorios Palamas, the Archbishop of Thessaloniki, who is celebrated as one of the most important and influential Saints of the Orthodox Religion.
- Grigoris in song, story & screen