Guglielmo Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name William:
From the Old Norman French Willaume, which is derived from the Old High German Willehelm, a compound name composed from the elements willeo (will, determination) and helm (protection, helmet): hence, "resolute protector." William is the most popular name introduced to England by the Normans. It was borne by William the Conqueror (1027? - 87), who invaded England and defeated Harald at the Battle of Hastings, and by three other kings of England.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Guglielmo? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Guglielmo
Contribute your knowledge to the name Guglielmo
- Comments and insights on the name Guglielmo
Italian form of William.
- Personal experiences with the name Guglielmo
- Nicknames for Guglielmo
- Meanings and history of the name Guglielmo
- Famous real-life people named Guglielmo
- Guglielmo in song, story & screen