Hassan Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Hassan:
Derived from the Arabic hasan (beautiful, handsome, good), which is from hasuna (to be good). The name was borne by the Prophet's grandson Al-Hasan (625-69), the son of Fatima bint-Muhammad and 'Ali ibn-Abi-Talib, the fourth rightly guided caliph. Al-Hasan, poisoned by one of his wives, is venerated as a martyr by the Shiites. Var. Hasan.
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Hassan? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Hassan
Contribute your knowledge to the name Hassan
- Comments and insights on the name Hassan
- Personal experiences with the name Hassan
- Nicknames for Hassan
- Meanings and history of the name Hassan
- Famous real-life people named Hassan
- Hassan in song, story & screen