Haydn Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Hayden:
Transferred use of the English surname derived from several place-names. It is from the Old English elements hēg (hay) and denu (valley); hēg (hay) and dun (hill); and hege (hedge) and dun (hill). Alternatively, the name is from the Irish Gaelic ÓhÉideáin and ÓhÉidín (descendant of Eideán or Éidín). The names are derived from éideadh (clothing).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Haydn? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Haydn
Contribute your knowledge to the name Haydn
- Comments and insights on the name Haydn
- Personal experiences with the name Haydn
- Nicknames for Haydn
- Meanings and history of the name Haydn
- Famous real-life people named Haydn
- Haydn in song, story & screen