Heitor Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Hector:
Derived from the Greek Hektōr (holding fast), which is from echein (to hold, to have). The name Hector is borne in the Iliad by a Trojan hero who was killed by Achilles to avenge the death of Patroclus, Priam's oldest son.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Heitor? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Heitor
Contribute your knowledge to the name Heitor
- Comments and insights on the name Heitor
- Personal experiences with the name Heitor
- Nicknames for Heitor
- Meanings and history of the name Heitor
Portuguese form of Hector.
- Famous real-life people named Heitor
Heitor Villa-Lobos, Brazilian composer.
Heitor Pereira, Brazilian musician and composer.
- Heitor in song, story & screen