Hovhannes Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name John:
Derived from the Middle Latin Johannes, which is from the Ecclesiastic Late Latin Joannes, which is from the Greek Iōannes. Iōannes is from the Hebrew Yehanan, a short form of Yehohanan which is derived from yehōhānān (Yahweh is gracious). John is the most enduring of the biblical names and remains one of the most popular names bestowed in the United States. Var: Jon. Pet: Johnnie, Johnny, Jonnie, Jonny.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Name Lists Featuring Hovhannes
Contribute your knowledge to the name Hovhannes
- Comments and insights on the name Hovhannes
- Personal experiences with the name Hovhannes
- Nicknames for Hovhannes
- Meanings and history of the name Hovhannes
- Famous real-life people named Hovhannes
- Hovhannes in song, story & screen