Hryhoriy Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Gregory:
From the Late Latin Gregorius, a cognate of the Greek Grēgorios (vigilant, a watchman), which is derived from the verb egeirein (to awaken).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Hryhoriy? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Hryhoriy
Contribute your knowledge to the name Hryhoriy
- Comments and insights on the name Hryhoriy
Ukrainian form of Gregory
- Personal experiences with the name Hryhoriy
- Nicknames for Hryhoriy
- Meanings and history of the name Hryhoriy
- Famous real-life people named Hryhoriy
- Hryhoriy in song, story & screen