Iacopo Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Jacob:
From the Ecclesiastic Late Latin Iacobus, which is from the Greek Iakōbos, a name derived from the Hebrew Yaakov. The name has its root in ya`aqob (seizing by the heel, supplanting). The name is borne in the Bible by the father of twelve sons who became the progenitors of the twelve tribes of Israel. Pet: Jake.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Name Lists Featuring Iacopo
Contribute your knowledge to the name Iacopo
- Comments and insights on the name Iacopo
- Personal experiences with the name Iacopo
- Nicknames for Iacopo
- Meanings and history of the name Iacopo
- Famous real-life people named Iacopo
- Iacopo in song, story & screen