Iason Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Jason:
The English cognate of the Latin and Greek Iāson (healer), a name derived from iasthai (to heal). Popularly bestowed in the U.S., the name Jason is borne in Greek Myth by a prince who led the Argo-nauts. Var: Jayson.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Iason? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Iason
Contribute your knowledge to the name Iason
- Comments and insights on the name Iason
- Personal experiences with the name Iason
- Nicknames for Iason
- Meanings and history of the name Iason
Iason (Ιασων) is an Ancient Greek name. This is the original name from which Jason was Anglicized from.
- Famous real-life people named Iason
- Iason in song, story & screen
Iason is ancient Greek mythological figure, famous as the leader of the Argonauts and their quest for the Golden Fleece.