Ildefonso Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Alfonso:
Cognate of the French Alphonse (noble and ready), a name derived from the Old German Adulfuns, a compounding of the elements adal (noble) and funs (ready, prompt, apt). The name was borne by the patron saint of Mallorca and Palma.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Ildefonso? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Ildefonso
Contribute your knowledge to the name Ildefonso
- Comments and insights on the name Ildefonso
- Personal experiences with the name Ildefonso
- Nicknames for Ildefonso
- Meanings and history of the name Ildefonso
Spanish form of the Visigothic name Hildefons, which meant "battle ready", derived from the Germanic elements hild "battle" and funs "ready".
- Famous real-life people named Ildefonso
St. Ildefonso, 7th Century saint, archbishop of Toledo, Spain.
Ildefonso Falcones, (b. 1956) Spanish lawyer and novelist.
- Ildefonso in song, story & screen