Ilja Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Elijah:
Derived from the Hebrew 'ēlīyāhū (Jehovah is God). The name was borne by a 9th century B.C. prophet who, after many years of service, was taken up into heaven in a chariot of fire.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Ilja? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Ilja
Contribute your knowledge to the name Ilja
- Comments and insights on the name Ilja
Form of Elijah used in Czech.
- Personal experiences with the name Ilja
- Nicknames for Ilja
- Meanings and history of the name Ilja
- Famous real-life people named Ilja
- Ilja in song, story & screen