Ilyas Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Elijah:
Derived from the Hebrew 'ēlīyāhū (Jehovah is God). The name was borne by a 9th century B.C. prophet who, after many years of service, was taken up into heaven in a chariot of fire.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Ilyas? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Ilyas
Contribute your knowledge to the name Ilyas
- Comments and insights on the name Ilyas
Arabic form of Elijah
- Personal experiences with the name Ilyas
- Nicknames for Ilyas
- Meanings and history of the name Ilyas
- Famous real-life people named Ilyas
- Ilyas in song, story & screen