Innes Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Angus:
Anglicized form of the Gaelic Aonghus and Aonghas, Celtic names derived from the element aon (one, choice, preeminent). The name was borne in Celtic mythology by the god of love.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Innes? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Innes
Contribute your knowledge to the name Innes
- Comments and insights on the name Innes
- Personal experiences with the name Innes
- Nicknames for Innes
- Meanings and history of the name Innes
Surname that may originate from a Gaelic word for "island." Also used as an Anglicization of Aonghus (Angus).
- Famous real-life people named Innes
- Innes in song, story & screen