Ionuț Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name John:
Derived from the Middle Latin Johannes, which is from the Ecclesiastic Late Latin Joannes, which is from the Greek Iōannes. Iōannes is from the Hebrew Yehanan, a short form of Yehohanan which is derived from yehōhānān (Yahweh is gracious). John is the most enduring of the biblical names and remains one of the most popular names bestowed in the United States. Var: Jon. Pet: Johnnie, Johnny, Jonnie, Jonny.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Ionuț? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Ionuț
Contribute your knowledge to the name Ionuț
- Comments and insights on the name Ionuț
Romanian nickname for Ion (John)
- Personal experiences with the name Ionuț
- Nicknames for Ionuț
- Meanings and history of the name Ionuț
- Famous real-life people named Ionuț
- Ionuț in song, story & screen