Isaak Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Isaac:
The Ecclesiastic Greek form of the Hebrew Yitzchak (he will laugh), which is derived from yitshāq (laughter). The name is borne in the Bible by one of the three patriarchs, the son of Abraham and Sarah and progenitor of the Hebrews. Var: Isaak.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Isaak? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Isaak
Contribute your knowledge to the name Isaak
- Comments and insights on the name Isaak
German and Russian form of Isaac.
Isaak and Kaisa are anagrams of each other; they contain the same letters.
- Personal experiences with the name Isaak
- Nicknames for Isaak
- Meanings and history of the name Isaak
- Famous real-life people named Isaak
- Isaak in song, story & screen