Isac Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Isaac:
The Ecclesiastic Greek form of the Hebrew Yitzchak (he will laugh), which is derived from yitshāq (laughter). The name is borne in the Bible by one of the three patriarchs, the son of Abraham and Sarah and progenitor of the Hebrews. Var: Isaak.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Isac? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Isac
Contribute your knowledge to the name Isac
- Comments and insights on the name Isac
- Personal experiences with the name Isac
- Nicknames for Isac
- Meanings and history of the name Isac
- Famous real-life people named Isac
- Isac in song, story & screen