Izaak Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Isaac:
The Ecclesiastic Greek form of the Hebrew Yitzchak (he will laugh), which is derived from yitshāq (laughter). The name is borne in the Bible by one of the three patriarchs, the son of Abraham and Sarah and progenitor of the Hebrews. Var: Isaak.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Izaak? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Izaak
Contribute your knowledge to the name Izaak
- Comments and insights on the name Izaak
- Personal experiences with the name Izaak
- Nicknames for Izaak
- Meanings and history of the name Izaak
- Famous real-life people named Izaak
Izaak Walton Killam, funded the construction of the IWK Health Centre, in Halifax, N.S.
- Izaak in song, story & screen