Jaeger Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Hunter:
Transferred use of the surname derived from the Middle English hunte (a hunter, a huntsman). Short: Hunt.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Jaeger? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Jaeger
Contribute your knowledge to the name Jaeger
- Comments and insights on the name Jaeger
- Personal experiences with the name Jaeger
- Nicknames for Jaeger
Yay, J, Grr
- Meanings and history of the name Jaeger
According to the American Heritage Dictionary (via TFD.com), Jaeger has two English meanings:
1. Any of several Arctic and Boreal sea birds of the genus Stercorarius that harass smaller birds and snatch the food they drop. Also called skua.
2. A huntsman or hunting attendant.
- Famous real-life people named Jaeger
Jaeger Scott Willis (6), American musician and dancer
- Jaeger in song, story & screen