Jascha Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Jacob:
From the Ecclesiastic Late Latin Iacobus, which is from the Greek Iakōbos, a name derived from the Hebrew Yaakov. The name has its root in ya`aqob (seizing by the heel, supplanting). The name is borne in the Bible by the father of twelve sons who became the progenitors of the twelve tribes of Israel. Pet: Jake.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Jascha? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Jascha
Contribute your knowledge to the name Jascha
- Comments and insights on the name Jascha
- Personal experiences with the name Jascha
- Nicknames for Jascha
- Meanings and history of the name Jascha
- Famous real-life people named Jascha
Jascha Heifetz, a Lithuanian violinist often called the best violinist of all time.
- Jascha in song, story & screen