Jaume Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name James:
From the Ecclesiastic Late Latin Iacomus, an evolution of Iacobus which is from the Ecclesiastic Iakōbos, a cognate of the Hebrew Yaakov. The name has its root in ya`aqob (supplanting, seizing by the heel). Some say Iacomus arises from an error in the transcription of manuscripts from the Greek to the Latin by an early monk. Short: Jim. Pet: Jamie, Jimmy.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Name Lists Featuring Jaume
Contribute your knowledge to the name Jaume
- Comments and insights on the name Jaume
- Personal experiences with the name Jaume
- Nicknames for Jaume
- Meanings and history of the name Jaume
Catalan form of James.
- Famous real-life people named Jaume
Jaume Roures, Spanish film producer.
Jaume Plensa, Spanish sculptor.
Jaume Collet-Serra, Spanish film director and producer.
- Jaume in song, story & screen