Jerguš Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Gregor:
From the Late Latin Gregorius, a cognate of the Greek Grēgorios (vigilant, a watchman), which is derived from the verb egeirein (to awaken).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Name Lists Featuring Jerguš
Contribute your knowledge to the name Jerguš
- Comments and insights on the name Jerguš
- Personal experiences with the name Jerguš
- Nicknames for Jerguš
- Meanings and history of the name Jerguš
Name Jerguš is a slovak version of Gregor, which has greek origin and means vigilant/watchful.
- Famous real-life people named Jerguš
Jerguš Bača, slovak hockey player & coach
- Jerguš in song, story & screen
film(1960) and book(1939): Jerguš Lapin
book "Zbojnícka mladosť" ..fine piece of literature