Jimi Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name James:
From the Ecclesiastic Late Latin Iacomus, an evolution of Iacobus which is from the Ecclesiastic Iakōbos, a cognate of the Hebrew Yaakov. The name has its root in ya`aqob (supplanting, seizing by the heel). Some say Iacomus arises from an error in the transcription of manuscripts from the Greek to the Latin by an early monk. Short: Jim. Pet: Jamie, Jimmy.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Jimi? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Jimi
Contribute your knowledge to the name Jimi
- Comments and insights on the name Jimi
- Personal experiences with the name Jimi
- Nicknames for Jimi
- Meanings and history of the name Jimi
- Famous real-life people named Jimi
- Jimi in song, story & screen