Jonathon Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Jonathan:
Derived from the Hebrew Yonatan, a short form of Yehonatan which is derived from yehōnātān (Yahweh has given). The name is borne in the Bible by the eldest son of King Saul. Var: Jonothan, Jonothon. Short: Jon. Pet: Jonnie, Jonny.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Jonathon? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Jonathon
Contribute your knowledge to the name Jonathon
- Comments and insights on the name Jonathon
- Personal experiences with the name Jonathon
- Nicknames for Jonathon
- Meanings and history of the name Jonathon
- Famous real-life people named Jonathon
Jonathan Rhys Meyers-actor from seies "The Tudors"
- Jonathon in song, story & screen
"Jonathon Fisk," song by the American band Spoon