Jonny Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Jonathan:
Derived from the Hebrew Yonatan, a short form of Yehonatan which is derived from yehōnātān (Yahweh has given). The name is borne in the Bible by the eldest son of King Saul. Var: Jonothan, Jonothon. Short: Jon. Pet: Jonnie, Jonny.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Jonny? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Jonny
Contribute your knowledge to the name Jonny
- Comments and insights on the name Jonny
- Personal experiences with the name Jonny
- Nicknames for Jonny
- Meanings and history of the name Jonny
- Famous real-life people named Jonny
- Jonny in song, story & screen
Uncle Jonny by The Killers