Jooseppi Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Joseph:
Derived from the Hebrew yōsēf (may he add, God shall add). The name is borne in the Bible by a favorite son of Jacob and Rachel (GEN. 30), by the husband of the Virgin Mary and foster father of Jesus (MATT. 1), and by Joseph of Arimathea, a rich Jew and secret follower of Jesus, who helped take Jesus' body from the cross to prepare it for burial, and supposedly took the Holy Grail to England (JOHN 19).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Jooseppi? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Jooseppi
Contribute your knowledge to the name Jooseppi
- Comments and insights on the name Jooseppi
Finnish form of Joseph
- Personal experiences with the name Jooseppi
- Nicknames for Jooseppi
- Meanings and history of the name Jooseppi
- Famous real-life people named Jooseppi
- Jooseppi in song, story & screen