Joris Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name George:
Derived from the Greek geōrgos (earthworker, farmer), which is composed from the elements gē (earth) and ergein (to work).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Joris? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Joris
Contribute your knowledge to the name Joris
- Comments and insights on the name Joris
- Personal experiences with the name Joris
- Nicknames for Joris
- Meanings and history of the name Joris
Dutch/Frisian form of George.
- Famous real-life people named Joris
Joris Mathijsen, Dutch footballer.
Joris-Karl Huysmans, French novelist.
Joris Hoefnagel, Flemish painter.
Joris Luyendijk, Dutch author, news correspondent and talk show host.
- Joris in song, story & screen