Jorma Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Jeremiah:
From the Ecclesiastic Late Latin Jeremias, a cognate of the Hebrew Yirmeyahu, a name derived from yirmeyāh (the Lord loosens, God will uplift). The name is borne in the Bible by a 6th- or 7th-century B.C. Hebrew prophet whose story and prophecies are recorded in the Old Testament book of Jeremiah.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Name Lists Featuring Jorma
Contribute your knowledge to the name Jorma
- Comments and insights on the name Jorma
- Personal experiences with the name Jorma
- Nicknames for Jorma
- Meanings and history of the name Jorma
Finnish form of Jeremiah.
- Famous real-life people named Jorma
Jorma Taccone, American comic.
Jorma Kaukonen, American blues and rock guitarist.
- Jorma in song, story & screen