Josué Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Joshua:
Derived from the Hebrew Yehoshua, which is from yehōshū’a (Jehovah is help, God is salvation). The name is born in the Bible by Moses’ successor, who led the children of Israel into the Promised Land. Short: Josh.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Josué? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Josué
Contribute your knowledge to the name Josué
- Comments and insights on the name Josué
Spanish, French and Portuguese form of Joshua.
- Personal experiences with the name Josué
- Nicknames for Josué
- Meanings and history of the name Josué
- Famous real-life people named Josué
- Josué in song, story & screen