Julien Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Julien:
From the Latin Julianus, which is a derivative of Julius, and old Roman family name thought to be derived from Iulus (the first down on the chin, downy-bearded). Because a person just beginning to develop facial hair is young, “youth” became an accepted meaning of the name.
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Julien? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Julien
- Canadian Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Canada (Quebec) 2014
- Belgian Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Belgium (Flanders), 2010
- Canadian Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Canada (Quebec), 2010
- Canadian Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Canada (Quebec) for 2012
- Canadian Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Canada (Quebec)
Contribute your knowledge to the name Julien
- Comments and insights on the name Julien
- Personal experiences with the name Julien
- Nicknames for Julien
Juju, Jujubee, Joobs, Jules
- Meanings and history of the name Julien
Julian was the name in Adam Sandler’s movie Big Daddy. The little blonde boy was named Julian in the movie.
- Famous real-life people named Julien
Julien Doree, French singer
Julien Josephson, American screenwriter
Julien Lahaut, Belgian politician and political activist
Julien Leclercq, French poet and art critic
Julien Temple, English documentary, film, and music video director
Julien Duvivier, French film director
- Julien in song, story & screen
King Julien, the lemur in Madagascar.