Julij Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Julius:
A borrowing from the Latin, Julius originated as an old Roman family name thought to be derived from Iulus (the first down on the chin, downy-bearded). As a person just beginning to develop facial hair is young, “youth” became an accepted meaning of the name.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Julij? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Julij
Contribute your knowledge to the name Julij
- Comments and insights on the name Julij
Slovene form of Julius
- Personal experiences with the name Julij
- Nicknames for Julij
- Meanings and history of the name Julij
- Famous real-life people named Julij
- Julij in song, story & screen