Kalvin Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Calvin:
From the French surname Cauvin, a derivative of the Latin calvinus (little bald one), which has its root in calvus (bald). The name was originally bestowed in honor of French Protestant reformer John Calvin (1509-64). Var: Kalvin. Short: Cal, Kal.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Kalvin? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Kalvin
Contribute your knowledge to the name Kalvin
- Comments and insights on the name Kalvin
- Personal experiences with the name Kalvin
- Nicknames for Kalvin
- Meanings and history of the name Kalvin
- Famous real-life people named Kalvin
- Kalvin in song, story & screen