Karolos Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Charles:
Charles is derived from the Germanic karl (full-grown, a man), which is a cognate of the Old English ceorl (a man, freeman, peasant). It is a royal name, being borne by ten kings of France as well as by kings of Hungary, Naples, Sardinia, and Wüttemberg. It was introduced to Great Britain by Mary, Queen of Scots (1542 - 87), who bestowed it upon her son, Charles James (1566- 1625). His son and grandson both rules as King Charles, furthering the name's popularity.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Name Lists Featuring Karolos
Contribute your knowledge to the name Karolos
- Comments and insights on the name Karolos
Greek form of Charles
- Personal experiences with the name Karolos
- Nicknames for Karolos
- Meanings and history of the name Karolos
- Famous real-life people named Karolos
Greek President Karolos Papoulias
- Karolos in song, story & screen