Keenan Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Keenan:
Anglicized form of the Irish Cianán (little Cian, little ancient one). Cianán is a diminutive form of Cian (ancient, in the past). Var: Kenan, Kienan.
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Keenan? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Keenan
Contribute your knowledge to the name Keenan
- Comments and insights on the name Keenan
- Personal experiences with the name Keenan
- Nicknames for Keenan
- Meanings and history of the name Keenan
- Famous real-life people named Keenan
Keenen Ivory Wayans, American comedian, director and writer.
Keenan McCardell, former American NFL wide receiver.
Keenan Wynn, American actor.
- Keenan in song, story & screen
Keenan, a faery in the book "Wicked Lovely" by Melissa Marr