Kenan Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Keenan:
Anglicized form of the Irish Cianán (little Cian, little ancient one). Cianán is a diminutive form of Cian (ancient, in the past). Var: Kenan, Kienan.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Kenan? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Kenan
Contribute your knowledge to the name Kenan
- Comments and insights on the name Kenan
- Personal experiences with the name Kenan
- Nicknames for Kenan
- Meanings and history of the name Kenan
Kenan was Biblical patriarch mentioned in Genesis; the grandson of Seth and son of Enos.
Possibly means "possession" or "stronghold" in Hebrew.
Also a Turkish name pronounced: ken-AN
- Famous real-life people named Kenan
Kenan Thompson, American actor and comedian.
- Kenan in song, story & screen