Kierian Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Kieran:
A borrowing from the Irish, Kieran is the Irish form of the Gaelic Ciarán (little dark one), which is from ciar (black, dark), a word meaning "dark-haired" or "black-haired" when applied to humans. Var: Kiaran.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Kierian? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Kierian
Contribute your knowledge to the name Kierian
- Comments and insights on the name Kierian
- Personal experiences with the name Kierian
- Nicknames for Kierian
- Meanings and history of the name Kierian
- Famous real-life people named Kierian
- Kierian in song, story & screen