Kit Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Christopher:
Derived from the Greek Christophoros, which is composed of the elements Christos (Christ) and pherein (to bear).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Kit? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Kit
Contribute your knowledge to the name Kit
- Comments and insights on the name Kit
- Personal experiences with the name Kit
- Nicknames for Kit
- Meanings and history of the name Kit
A traditional nickname for Christopher.
- Famous real-life people named Kit
Kit Harington, actor who plays Jon Snow on HBO's "Game of Thrones"
Frontiersman Kit Carson
Elizabethan playwright Christopher "Kit" Marlowe
- Kit in song, story & screen
Kit Walker from the TV Show American Horror Story: Asylum