Kolby Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Colby:
Transferred use of the English surname, which is of Scandinavian origin and has the definition “from Colby, from Kol’s settlement.” It is derived from the Old Norse elements kol (coal-black) and byr (settlement). Var: Colbey, Coleby.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Kolby? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Kolby
Contribute your knowledge to the name Kolby
- Comments and insights on the name Kolby
- Personal experiences with the name Kolby
- Nicknames for Kolby
- Meanings and history of the name Kolby
- Famous real-life people named Kolby
- Kolby in song, story & screen