Konrad Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Conrad:
English cognate of the Germanic Konrad, which is derived from the Old High German Kuonrat, a compound name composed of the elements kuon (bold, wise) and rat (counsel).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Konrad? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Konrad
Contribute your knowledge to the name Konrad
- Comments and insights on the name Konrad
The original German of the American Conrad.
- Personal experiences with the name Konrad
- Nicknames for Konrad
Kon, Konnie, Rad, Konman, Konradical
- Meanings and history of the name Konrad
Its source is kuon rad, an Ancient Germanic name meaning "Brave ruler."
- Famous real-life people named Konrad
Konrad Olender, regular 8th grade student
- Konrad in song, story & screen