Kurosh Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Cyrus:
Derived from the Greek Kyros, which might be derived from kyrios (lord). Alternatively, Kyros is used as a cognate of the Hebrew Koreish, a derivative of the Persian Kureish, which is from the ancient Kuru, a name believed to be from the Persian Khur (a name for the sun).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Kurosh? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Kurosh
Contribute your knowledge to the name Kurosh
- Comments and insights on the name Kurosh
his email had been linked to several thousand web sites
- Personal experiences with the name Kurosh
- Nicknames for Kurosh
- Meanings and history of the name Kurosh
- Famous real-life people named Kurosh
- Kurosh in song, story & screen