Kurtis Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Curtis:
Derived from the French curteis (courteous). Curtis was originally used as both a given name and a surname. In the Middle Ages, it was used it indicate an educated man.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Kurtis? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Kurtis
Contribute your knowledge to the name Kurtis
- Comments and insights on the name Kurtis
- Personal experiences with the name Kurtis
My beautiful cat was named Kurtis. The meaning fit his personality. He was a very sweet and courteous. He would always let the girls eat first, even when it was his favorite food. He was my best buddy, and I miss him. Because of him, the name always sounds good to me.
- Nicknames for Kurtis
- Meanings and history of the name Kurtis
- Famous real-life people named Kurtis
- Kurtis in song, story & screen