Kyle Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Kyle:
Transferred use of the surname originating from the region of the same name in southwestern Scotland. Kyle, a topographical term referring to a narrow, straight, channel, is derived from the Gaelic caol (narrow, a sound, a strait).
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Kyle? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Kyle
- Irish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in the Republic of Ireland 2014
- Irish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Northern Ireland 2014
- Irish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Ireland, 2010
- Scottish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Scotland, 2011
- Scottish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Scotland for 2012
- Irish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Northern Ireland for 2012
- Irish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in the Republic of Ireland for 2012
- Scottish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Scotland
- Irish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in the Republic of Ireland
Contribute your knowledge to the name Kyle
- Comments and insights on the name Kyle
- Personal experiences with the name Kyle
In class we have 2 Kyles(both are guys).I see them as two very differnt people.This makes me think the name can fit anyone with little to no stereotyping.
I agree that Kyle can fit anyone with little stereotyping. Kyle was the name of the guy that gave me my first kiss and also the name of a guy that was a bully in middle school.
I've known two Kyle's; one I disliked when I was a kid (who was born in the early '90s), and one I currently like very much (who was born in the early '80s). The Kyle I currently know is very charming, cool, confident and sexy, which is how I now think of the name. I think how people percieve a name is just based on kinds of people they've known with it.
I knew Kyle in college and we had to create a game in the 1980s but he copied everything from the hit game shovel knight haha he still passed though cus hes really cool and smart, he was always arguing with that ryan reynolds guy or whatever his name is, douchebag. He thinks hes better than kyle at wow even though kyle has over 4000 hours, and dark souls even though kyle has over 4000 hours
- Nicknames for Kyle
Ky, Ky-Ky, K-Man, Kyler\ar, mr plagirism. k-dog
- Meanings and history of the name Kyle
Kyle is sometimes translated from the Gaelic as "handsome."
Yiddish, "crowned with laurels" Related to the name "Kayla."
it means Chosen One.. "I chose myself for this power, Kyle?"
it means you named yourself, so it means doctor
- Famous real-life people named Kyle
Kyle MacLachlan, actor best known for playing Special Agent Dale Cooper in "Twin Peaks"
Kyle Chandler, actor best known for his role as Coach Eric Taylor in "Friday Night Lights."
Kyle Kuzma, Pro basketball player for the Los Angeles Lakers.
Kyle McKillop, child rescue
- Kyle in song, story & screen
knowege ~ kyle morgan
Kyle Reese - character in the first "Terminator" movie, father of John Connor
Kyle Broflovski- character in South Park