Kyros Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Cyrus:
Derived from the Greek Kyros, which might be derived from kyrios (lord). Alternatively, Kyros is used as a cognate of the Hebrew Koreish, a derivative of the Persian Kureish, which is from the ancient Kuru, a name believed to be from the Persian Khur (a name for the sun).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Kyros? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Kyros
Contribute your knowledge to the name Kyros
- Comments and insights on the name Kyros
- Personal experiences with the name Kyros
- Nicknames for Kyros
- Meanings and history of the name Kyros
Greek form of Cyrus.
- Famous real-life people named Kyros
- Kyros in song, story & screen